Grant County Local Water Management Plan
2005 - 2015
Water Plan 2010 - 2015 Amendment
The purpose of this updated Local Water Management Plan (LWMP) is to identify existing and potential problems and opportunities for protection, management and development of water resources and related land resources in Grant County. Pursuant to the requirements of Minn. Stat. 103B.311 subd.4, the five requirements of this plan are as follows:
- The plan must cover the entire county.
- The plan must address problems in the context of watershed units and groundwater systems.
- The plan must be based upon principals of sound hydrologic management of water, effective environmental protection, and efficient management.
- The plan must be consistent with local water management plans prepared by counties and watershed management organizations wholly or partially within a single watershed unit or ground water system.
- The plan will cover a ten year period (2005-2015) with an implementation plan that will cover a five year period (2005-2010) and will then be updated for the remaining five years.
Click on the image above for a full-sized view.